https://www.facebook.com/pages/Somaga/1105235839492524?ref=hl

Thursday 11 June 2015

Gift or Torment??

In the head it’s like a war
The cause of war I can’t explain
Up and down it pounds and beats
And leaves no trace of how to resolve

It drags the feet to time and places
It gives no reason for where it takes
It sways and swerves and yet returns
The faintest clues it flashes at random

The hands and head it puts in dispute
The one it sets to wander eastwards
The other, westward it makes its trail
And soon they meet at the junction of nowhere

In the heart it speaks in the lightest voice
A tongue so queer to comprehend
And yet it says over and over again
With the pace of heart its rhythmic beat

It scratches, it tears, and it pushes and pulls
Voicelessly it shouts with a deafening sound
Effortlessly it eats up the mind to nought
And yet its reason it keeps obscured.

Like a spirit it possesses and owns
And gives no reasons for actions and deeds
Like a driver it wheels at will
To roads and corners that pleases the journey

In the dark it lights up and illumines
And beams on paths it wishes to straighten
And at last the pieces are picked
And put in place to make some sense

Could this be a gift or torment?
A torment of gift or gift of torment
I look to my ink and ask my question
And on my paper it throws it back at me

The muse of an art they call a gift
But to the bearer a torment in disguise
And so I draw my pen to write
For the war in my head my pen alone can end.

No comments:

Post a Comment