https://www.facebook.com/pages/Somaga/1105235839492524?ref=hl

Friday 17 July 2015

A Poem: And You Stole Your Way into Me



In the earliness of the nights
Before submission to the life unknown
As the sounds of day fades slowly
Then I thought of you.

In the worlds of the dreams
When consciousness loses its firm grip
And the subconscious takes its place instead
Then I dreamt of you

In the darkest of the nights
When the next step seems uncertain
And the grip of fear feels so tight
Then I riveted on you

In the lights of the days
When the activities are up to heights
And the nerves are fired to high
Then I paused and pondered on you

In the midst of sorrow
When the mind is near collapse
And no hope is left to live
Then I concentrated on you

In the bask of euphoria
When the joys are full to brim
And the world’s so filled with roses
Then you crossed my mind            

In the break of the day
When the strengths are yet untapped
And the zeal to launch’s so full
Then I meditated on you

On the table about to consume
When the mouth’s so watery in anticipation of taste
And the bowels in protest against delay
Then you struck my mind

Wow! This’s so heavy a burden to bear
This is so harsh a punishment to endure
This is so hard a lead to trail
This is so hidden a treasure to find

When shall this confusion come to be cleared?
When will this mystery get to be solved?
When will this fight get to end?
When the element of war is the mind

But it has happened even without my consent
It has caught me unprepared
Like a thief in the night
You stole your way into my heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment